Reducing our environmental footprint
White Glove Moving is environmentally friendly
With the privilege of moving families and companies across the highways of North America and all over the world comes the responsibility of protecting our environment along the way. White Glove Moving company is proud to have taken a leading role in our industry, with environmental sustainability being our top priority. As we head into the next era, we are dedicated to our continuous efforts to reducing our environmental footprint and helping to create a healthy and sustainable future for generations to come.
Yet being a green company isn’t just about putting a recycling bin by the copier. Here are some of our ongoing efforts in our day to day business practices to being more environmentally friendly. Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.
We reduce, reuse, and recycle
Our Moving Green Checklist
GREEN MOVING COMPANY OPERATIONS
- 1. Our estimators drive hybrid cars to your home or office for the onsite visuals. As a result, we save thousands of gallons of fuel each year and cut back on harmful emissions.
- 2. Our movers don’t idle the trucks while loading and unloading. We are reducing fuel emissions by following anti-idling regulations, reducing highway speed and implementing regular mechanical and safety inspections on all trucks.
- 3. We use Satellite navigation and tracking systems for our moving company vehicles to travel to and from locations as efficiently and quickly as possible.
- 4. As Biodiesel fuel becomes more available across the country, we plan to invest and convert our entire fleet of trucks to use this renewable resource to lower emissions and decrease our country’s dependence on foreign oil.
- 5. We buy and use boxes/wrapping paper made of recycled materials.
- 6. We reuse and recycle packing materials and containers where possible.
- 7. We are purchasing and implementing the use of sturdy plastic stackable crates for our corporate customers. They are re-usable, and will cut down on the amount of cardboard used in relocations, with no negative impact on the waste stream or environment.
- 8. Instead of disposing of unwanted and excess household furniture and effects in landfill, we recycle and donate where possible.
GREEN OFFICE/ADMINISTRATIVE INITIATIVES
- 1. Our marketing materials are printed on FSC-certified papers. We recycle the other side of printed office paper for scratch paper and printing internal use documents.
- 2. We are striving towards a paper-less office. Most of our Forms and Contracts can be sent electronically and many of our customer transactions are easily performed electronically online or via phone.
- 3. We email and scan to our customers, affiliates and suppliers most communications such as proposals, shipping documents, support issues and billing where applicable. Our online operation has greatly reduced the amount of paperwork consumption in our office by as much as 90% in some departments.
- 4. We power down, print less and print smarter. We recycle ink and toner cartridges. We turn off our PC’s at the end of each business day.
OTHER GREEN WORKPLACE INITIATIVES
- 1. We have donated our equipment and materials for environmental initiatives. We have a modern Containerized Storage facility. Our recycled wooden vaults are stackable, reusable, and take up less space and resources compared to public self storage options.
- 2. We use energy efficient lighting and temperature controls in our offices and warehouse facilities.
- 3. Our employees recycle bottles and cans in the workplace.
- 4. We promote Corporate Social responsibility by hiring from our community.
Get your free moving estimate
Request a quote