Frequently Asked Questions
- How long have you been in business?
White Glove Moving and Storage has been in business for over 25 years and has grown to become the oldest and largest independent moving company in New Jersey. We are a family owned and operated company that specializes in local and long distance moving in the greater NJ and NYC area. White Glove Moving prides itself on total transparency from the moment you contact us until your move is finished and unpacked. We are honest and forthright about our rates and prices and also about what to expect from White Glove and what not to expect. In an industry that has developed a reputation as a haven for unscrupulous business practices; we stand behind our work from start to finish as the absolute best in the industry.
- Where are you located?
Our corporate headquarters is located in Bayonne, NJ. Our storage facilities are located in Bayonne & North Bergen, NJ. As well as the many local New Jersey, New York branches ready to be of assistance.
- Are you insured?
White glove Moving is fully licensed and insured. (Client’s shipment are subject to separate coverage, see coverage section below!)
- Do you have your own employees?
White Glove Moving is fully staffed with moving professionals and office staff alike.
- Whom do I call if I have questions?
You are always welcome to call your sales associate; however, beyond your sales associates, White Glove Moving has the added benefit of highly trained Client service moving professionals, which are ready to assist you with any questions you may have. A client services team member will be available for you every step of the way!
- Do you provide local moving services?
Yes! We certainly do! With the © 2015 White Glove Moving locked-in-rate program, we are able to lock-in the rate for your move.
- What is the locked-in-rate program?
The © 2015 White Glove Moving locked-in-rate program is designed to ensure the client’s rate is locked-in and does not change! This really helps the client plan and budget, all the while knowing the rate will never change! Transparency is what we pride ourselves on. Now that is the White Glove Moving way!
- Do you provide long distance moving services?
Yes, professionally and with pleasure! Our long distance relocation services are designed to fit your individual needs and all services have a price guarantee. With our custom estimation and guaranteed inventory pricing, this allows our clients the security of knowing their total cost for moving will never increase, guaranteed and no surprises.
- Do you offer storage?
White Glove offers many moving and storage solutions. We have state of the art storage facilities specializing in digital inventory scanning. We are pleased to have all the right storage solutions which will fit your storing needs. We are the Moving & Storage professionals! For more information
- What coverage is available for my move?
Coverage for your shipment in the moving industry can be a tricky subject and many movers are happy to skew the truth to make clients feel better before moving. The truth about what ANY moving company can offer you is below.
- Valuation Coverage: Any moving company without you purchasing anything additional is required to provide each move with valuation coverage. Moves within the state of New Jersey have standard valuation of $1.00 per lb. per item , $0.60 per lb. per item for long distance moving and $0.30 per lb. per item for moves within the state of NY.
- Full Value Protection: Full Value Protection (FVP) allows your moving company to repair or replace your items with something of similar aesthetic value and functionality. Should you wish to purchase FVP, please check with your sales associate for pricing or feel free to refer to your order for service.
- A third option, which is the most comprehensive and we consider it the best possible option for your shipment, is to hire a third party insurance company. Our recommendation is Baker International (www.bakerintl.com).
- Will you disconnect and reconnect my appliances?
While we are highly trained in moving services, we are not licensed electrician or plumbing professionals. Our client services team members are available to help you in finding the right licensed professional for the job or are able to coordinate the service on your behalf. Please speak to your sales associate for more information and pricing.
- What about my gas powered tools, can you move them ?
Gas tanks and Propane tanks should not be transported. Any equipment that has fuel in it (Lawnmower, weed whacker, etc) should have the gas emptied prior to the moving company arriving.
- When will my shipment be delivered, I am moving long distance?
All long distance moves are assigned a delivery coordinator once the shipment is picked-up. The coordinator will work with you to review your first available date for delivery; your shipment will then be guaranteed to arrive within the agreed delivery window. You will be informed along the way of any and all updates available.
White Glove Moving delivers on time and on budget!
- May I choose the date that I want my items delivered when moving long distance?
White Glove Moving does offer guaranteed delivery options. Please speak with your sales professional to see if that option is available for your area and to inquire about pricing.
- Is there a minimum distance for a move? What if I am moving across the street?
Across the street or across the nation White Glove Moving does it all!
- Do you move cars?
White Glove does not move vehicles; we do refer our clients to reputable car carriers.
- Do you offer packing services?
Gladly! White Glove Moving and Storage has many packing services available. Let our moving professionals pack your home worry free! Contact your sales associate for more details and pricing.
- Do you offer full packing services?
The term “full packing” means that White Glove will provide home packing services for the entire contents of your home, including your moving boxes. If you are interested in full packing services, we strongly recommend that you allow one of our friendly, knowledgeable, and professional sales representatives to come out to your home for a free in-home estimate. He will walk through the home with you as you point out to him the items that are being moved and the items that are staying. We recommend an in-home estimate for a full packing quote because the price fluctuation from in inaccurate full packing quotes can be substantial if not done properly.
- Can I move my pet(s)?
Unfortunately, your loved pet may not be carried in the moving truck. Please make arrangements to transport your pets safely. In case you need any guidance on transporting your pet, a Client services team member is ready to be off assistance and will be glad to suggest alternate ways to ship your pets safely. Check out our helpful article,
- How much am I supposed to tip my movers?
Thank you for asking! Tipping is a personal decision and our movers always appreciate your generosity. The average tip is between $50 – $100 per day per mover.