We do the hard work for you and box up your possessions, ensuring they are well-organized and that fragile items are protected.
Once you get to your new home, we unload the boxes from the truck, bring them to your new space, and unpack your items.
Antique & Fine Art:
To stay safe and sound, your fine items need to be protected and separated from heavy items that could potentially cause damage. That’s why we take special care when transporting your antiques and fine art.
We transport heavy, expensive pianos into your new home, even if you live in a 10-story building.
We honor customers who serve our country by offering discounted packing, unpacking, and other services.
We provide services for storing your items until you’re ready to move them into your new home.
As you pack up and move overseas, we can help you along the way. We offer several relocation services to meet your needs.
Our custom crating services provide a perfectly protected space to keep your valuable items safe and secure.
Tips for Moving from NJ to CA
If you’re moving from New Jersey to California, you’re in for some pretty big changes — fun ones, that is. California is one of the most populated states in the U.S., and cities like Hollywood, Los Angeles, and San Francisco are constantly idolized in movies and other media. And that’s no fluke — these cities are beautiful, bustling with culture, and surrounded by palm trees and year-round pleasant weather. It’s no wonder that you’re moving there!
Now that you’ve made your decision to move from New Jersey to California, here are a few things you should know before arriving in your new state:
- California is much more reliant on cars. While big cities like New York City, and big-city areas like New Jersey rely on public transportation, California is different. After all, there’s a reason Los Angeles is known for its traffic. So if you’re relocating to California, you might want to look into getting a car if you don’t already have one, or at least figure out how to get around without one, as the process will be very different.
- Cost of living is high. Endless sunny skies and breezy weather feel like paradise — and that’s why so many people want to live in California. San Francisco is one of the world’s most prominent tech hubs, and overpopulation and high salaries have caused rent prices to skyrocket in the city. But virtually every city in the state has a steep cost of living, as California taxes are higher than many other states.
- Fresh produce is abundant. California is one of the country’s top agricultural producers, especially of avocados, oranges, and tomatoes. At farmers markets, you’ll find plenty of fresh fruit, vegetables, and nuts sprouted in the golden California sun.
- Earthquakes are commonplace. California sits on major fault lines such as the San Andreas Fault. State residents have gotten used to small tremors every now and then, making it a priority to adequately secure mirrors, picture frames, and other fragile items, just in case they should go crashing to the floor. Many residents also have go-bags and food storage ready in the event of power outages or property damage.
- California is a melting pot. As California was once part of Mexico, and parts of it sit on the U.S.-Mexico border, cultures have blended to create a beautiful, unique place to live. San Diego and Los Angeles especially have high Latino populations. So while you’re brushing up on your Spanish, enjoy the vibrant culture and some of the world’s best tacos.
Professional NJ to CA Moving Services
For a cross-country move from New Jersey to California, you need a reliable, professional moving service on your side. While Glove Moving & Storage has been in the business for more than 25 years, with plenty of experience in long-distance moving. Contact us online or call us at (800) 340-1911 to request a free quote for your cross-country move.
United States Department of Agriculture – Animal and Plant Health Inspection Services
California requires certain documentation regarding inspection of Gypsy Moths. By moving with a professional moving company like White Glove Moving & Storage, we know exactly what needs to get done so there is smooth sailing across state lines.
New Jersey, New York and most of the other states in the New England are considered quarantine area’s for European Gypsy Moths. When you are moving from a quarantine area to California, a non-quarantine area, you must inspect your outdoor household items for gypsy moths and remove all life stages of this destructive insect before you move.
White Glove Moving and Storage will guide you through the process, provide all necessary documentations, and get your items safely to California. Please call us for any additional information or see www.yourmovegypsymothfree.com, or see their informational checklist by clicking here. There is no need to complete any paperwork now, as our moving team will have everything needed on move day.